Here are today’s five food finds about Barbecue:
- Grilling is no longer considered a male dominated activity. While 51 percent of males cha-cha with the charcoal, 49 percent of women flamenco with the flames.
- 263,000 moist towelettes will wipe up BBQ sauce covering fingers and faces.
- The most common ingredient added to barbecue sauce is garlic, followed by brown sugar.
- The original barbecue sauce, dating back hundreds of years, consisted of vinegar and pepper.
- Lyndon B. Johnson, the 36th president of the United States, hosted the first barbecue at the White House that featured Texas-style barbecued ribs.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
- 1832 Philip Danforth Armour was born. An American industrialist, he was a pioneer in use of refrigeration and meat canning. Armour & Co. helped make Chicago the meatpacking capital of the world.
- 1861 John Stevens Henslow died. This British clergyman and botanist was a mentor of…
View original post 101 more words